Saturday, April 30, 2011

Humbled

I am truly humbled.....I haven't shared all of what I've been doing with a lot of people, but when asked I'll share it with you. My desire in life is to just make you laugh. A comedian...comedic writer...anything that involves laughter is my passion. I recently found a high school friend on facebook and we were just catching up and I told her what I was doing and just following my dreams...She asked what were those dreams..I said comedy of course...She said I was hoping you'd say that...I wanted to cry...She said you've been funny since high school...wow...I knew i was a class clown but never did i think my friends had that expectation of comedy for me. She wasn't the only one to tell me that. There have been many others to say the same thing and it lets me know that what I'm working for is going to happen. My nerves are shot though...I've never HAD to be funny...I just was...no arrogance behind that...its just that I'm able to find humor in everything...but never have I had to on purpose make you laugh, I do it purposely on accident if that makes sense. If these butterflies I feel are any indication that I'm on the right track...butterflies it is...I cannot explain the drive I have right now....I mean I'm waking up out of my sleep with jokes...stuff I find funny that I want to talk about.....Its funny how I want to do this comedy thing but I loathe being the center of attention...I get nervous....It's gonna happen though....I just thank my friends who are encouraging me to do it....to know that they believe in this gift that God gave me...I don't take it for granted...I am truly humbled...

I type all of this as I listen to Avery*Sunshine....this lady's music is the #1 reason why I stopped sitting on my hands and started being serious about this thing

No comments:

Post a Comment