Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy Tears

So as I wrote my blog earlier yesterday I was in such a great place in life. Then before I could put head to pillow....my grandfather, LOUIS CLARK passes away.....After work I went with my mother and aunts to see my grandfather in the nursing home b/c my aunt received a call monday night saying he was in pain and they were going to give him morphine. I went to visit him on Sunday and as I think now...it was a different sleep. Usually when I woke him up he'd get right up, this time he was really groggy...He'd open his eyes, but never really responded to me. So when we went back on tuesday night he was on oxygen and really irritated. He was acting the same way my grandmother had done in her final moments. I knew he wasn't gonna make it. We had prayer around him, and left thinking he'd be ok after the morphine. Not 2 hours after we got home, the phone rang....he had passed away.....In between that time my two cousins had called me about going to see him, I didn't say no but we hesitated...that hesitation haunted them. they were distraught, but for me it was a blessing. I sat with my grandmother as she turned cold and I couldn't take sitting thru another death. I cried, because death is hard. I rejoiced because he was finally at peace...with his wife who he had sorely missed...I can't cry right now....still in shock a bit.....but my grandparents are together again and that brings me joy....RIP Grandda....

No comments:

Post a Comment